[FMT Aggregate Link] Setting up FileMaker Pro Server on a new Mac Mini, running OS X Mavericks, I wanted to add a Scheduled Backup of the Server databases to go to a Dropbox folder. The idea was to add another level of backup that was offsite in the event of fire or theft of the server hardware.
Problems with Backup Path Validity in FileMaker Server 13
In the FileMaker Server Admin Console,
1) Click on Schedules
2) Add a new schedule by clicking the small calendar icon
3) Select your databases to back up, then click ‘Next’.
4) The second screen you will see is where you set the path to where you want the databases saved. In this case, I am aiming for a folder called ‘FileMaker-Database-Backup’ inside of Dropbox.
5) Enter the Backup Folder Path
6) Click Validate
7) Check Status — It should read ‘Valid Path’
Instead, my Status read “Not a Valid Path”.
Doug and his comapny HomeBase Software Publishing Ltd., provides consulting, design, and development services for FileMaker Pro-based local area network database applications. We build custom solutions for companies and non-profits organizations. Our main tool is FileMaker Pro database software.
As founding publisher and editor of The Computer Paper, Douglas Alder started Canada Computer Paper Inc., in 1988 and grew the publication from a startup of 30,000 copies a month in Vancouver to the dominant computer publication in Canada, with an estimated readership of over 1,000,000 (circulation 350,000) per month across Canada and millions in sales.
Doug is one of favorite FileMaker Authors and Canadians! To find many more in depth articles from Doug and some must have tools and services from Homebase visit their site at the link below:Website: hbase.net