360Works is Now an AWS Partner
360Works is Now an AWS Partner
360Works, a leading FileMaker product developer and innovator, is now additionally an AWS (Amazon Web Services) Consulting Partner! The AWS Partner Network (APN) is comprised of technology experts that are focused on helping customers take full advantage of all the benefits in the AWS universe of services. As an APN Consulting Partner, 360Works will provide services that help customers design, architect, build, migrate, and manage their workloads and applications on AWS.
360Works develops frequently with services from AWS and believes that the AWS platform provides tremendous resources for extending the FileMaker platform (beyond only cloud hosting). For reference, take a look at Jesse Barnum?s 2018 FileMaker Developer Conference video: ?Beyond Virtual Machines: Tapping into the AWS Universe of Services?.
Currently, several of the existing 360Works plug-ins and add-ons for FileMaker leverage AWS technology in their functionality:
- 360Works CloudMail: Send and track formatted email marketing campaigns in FileMaker. Uses many different AWS services, including Simple Email Service (SES), Simple Queue Service (SQS), and Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2).
- 360Works Email Plug-in: Send and receive text and HTML emails in FileMaker; send SMS. Supports SES.
- 360Works SafetyNet: FileMaker Server offsite backup, uses AWS Simple Storage Service (S3).
- 360Works FTPeek: FTP upload and download from your FileMaker database, supports S3.
- 360Works MirrorSync: Automated tool for synchronizing FileMaker databases. Supports AWS DynamoDB and RedShift.
As an example of custom development work, 360Works worked with Thorsen Consulting to create a high volume web application for Chicago Public Schools, which supported up to 40,000 users within a one hour period (5,000 simultaneously). By leveraging AWS Lambda, API Gateway, S3, and DynamoDB, along with MirrorSync to sync DynamoDB with FileMaker Server, we were able to achieve user workloads much higher than what FileMaker Server would be able to handle.
360Works has AWS expertise in the following services:
- Amazon Lambda: run code without provisioning or managing servers
- Amazon DynamoDB: key-value and document database that delivers single-digit millisecond performance at any scale
- Amazon Aurora MySQL- compatible edition: relational database built for the cloud; it is up to five times faster than standard MySQL databases
- Amazon Kinesis: makes it easy to collect, process, and analyze real-time, streaming data so you can get timely insights and react quickly to new information
- Amazon S3 / CloudFront: fast content delivery network (CDN) service that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency and high transfer speeds
- Amazon Simple Email Service: reliable, cost-effective service for businesses of all sizes that use email or SMS to keep in contact with their customers.
How can 360Works help you?
The developers at 360Works are always excited to work on integrating any of the above AWS offerings into your FileMaker solution or business workflow.
If you are low on time, or you’d like help setting up an AWS integration in your own solution, our developers can help by providing our consulting services.
Submit your questions or get started now by using the button below!
Stay updated with 360Works
Sent using 360Works CloudMail, the best way to broadcast email from FileMaker
360Works builds FileMaker Pro plug-ins and add-ons, such as SuperContainer, MirrorSync, and ScriptMaster, 360Works offers consulting and programming services for FileMaker Pro for businesses worldwide.