Over 46,000+ Business Solution Developers Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community of business solutions developers, business owners and partners.
FMT Newswire FREMONT, CA, USA, September 22, 2015 — Fremont, California – California based .com Solutions Inc. has released FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition 7.70 with support for a new FileMaker Pro Advanced 14 to Microsoft Access conversion feature. This release supports FileMaker Pro Advanced 11,12,13,14.
The conversion of FileMaker Portals to Microsoft Access SubForms has also been enhanced by adding the LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields properties. This enhancement enables the SubForm to automatically use the relationship between the main form and the SubForm.
The previously used Access2000.mdb template file provided with FmPro Migrator has been replaced with a digitally signed Access2013.accdc file. When opened and saved as an Access2013.accdb file, this file is supported with Access 2007, Access 2010, Access 2013 and higher versions.
The building of Access acLabel objects has been improved by setting the SizeToFit property to expand each text label to the proper size during object creation. This change saves a manual step during post conversion development.
FileMaker to Sybase 16 conversions now include Unicode improvements thru the use of NVARCHAR, UNITEXT, and LONG VARBINARY column types. columns.
Additional enhancements with this release include:
• Digitally signed the _FmPro Migrator WA Jobs.exe file included with FmPro Migrator for FileMaker GUI automation on Windows.
• Fixed an issue with encoded characters in table names causing an error while importing tables via the clipboard.
• Removed unnecessary escaping of field names and calculation formulas when storing Table info within the MigrationProcess.db3 file, since bind variables are being used anyhow.
• Digitally signed the VFPExport.exe file included with FmPro Migrator for Visual FoxPro Conversion projects.
— VFP Conversion Changes
• Fixed an issue with some forms being blank, with no objects convertedd.
• Fixed an issue with the default Placeholder_Table not getting created properly within FmPro Migrator.
• Fixed an issue in which Demo mode incorrectly reported the number of fields (limited to 5 in demo mode).
— FileMaker to Access Conversion Changes
• Fixed an issue which caused some layouts to be skipped during the conversion process due to UTF8 parsing errors with FileMaker 14 clipboard layout data.
• Fixed an issue with missing FmigScriptConversion.db3 file not getting written during Access conversions, which could prevent the conversion process from continuing.
• Improved the creation of acTabCtl (Tab Control) and diagonal line objects.
• The background color of acCommandButton objects is left at its default value to make it easier to apply an Access Theme to all of the buttons on a form.
• Added support for FileMaker 14 Script Steps conversion into VBA code. The VBA .bas files are now written un UTF8 format for compatibility with international characters read from FileMaker.
• Added “image” as a reserved word for Access database table creation purposes.
Note: Upgrading an .fp7 file to the .fmp12 file format makes it possible for FmPro Migrator to more accurately gather the list of Portal/SubForm fields.
For more info about the FmPro Migrator FileMaker Pro to Access Conversion feature, please see:
The FileMaker to Access Conversion process is shown in a series of short YouTube videos:
Automated FileMaker to Access Conversion Overview Video:
Pricing and Availability:
FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition is available immediately and is priced at ($600) per developer, you can build an unlimited number of web applications having up to 250 forms/reports/layouts with FmPro Migrator during the term of the license key.
A functional demo version of FmPro Migrator may be downloaded from http://www.fmpromigrator.com/downloads/demo_software/index.html
.com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker Pro, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, Valentina, VB6 and LiveCode developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker Pro scripts. FmPro Migrator ( www.fmpromigrator.com ) converts FileMaker Pro databases to and from FileMaker Pro, SQLite Diff compares SQLite database schema and data.
* 30 Day Money Back Guarantee – Buy FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition software with confidence.David Simpson
.com Solutions Inc.