You’ve defined a clear goal for your custom app. Now it’s time to think about what kind of information it will track and how that information will be organized. This is called your data model.
Your model is fundamental to your success: the choices you make when organizing your information determine what your app can show to the user and what your app can do. In this lesson you will learn what a data model is, and will plan one for your custom app.
This video will introduce a few key database concepts and terms you’ll use in your future design work, then help you begin planning your data model.
In this video, you will:
Learn key data modeling terms:
* Tables: the categories of things you want to track (0:21)
* Fields: specific attributes describing each individual thing (0:28)
* Records: individual instances of the things tracked in a given table (0:36)
* Relationships: connections you make between tables to describe what they have in common (0:46)
* Decide which tables the physical therapy app will need (1:07)