Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community of business solutions and app users, developers, and partners.
In 2018 a new term emerged to categorize software specifically made for building custom solutions for businesses. This new category labels FileMaker and similar software as “Workplace Innovation Platforms”.
Let’s take a look at what a Workplace Innovation Platform is and how can it improve your business!
What is a Workplace Innovation Platform?
FileMaker, as the creator and leader of the Workplace Innovation Platform category, defines it this way:
“A Workplace Innovation Platform like FileMaker allows you to build custom apps to match the unique needs of your business and help to better connect your systems, processes and employees.”
G2 Crowd—a business software review site—also launched a Workplace Innovation Platform category in January 2019, and they offer an objective definition and list of requirements for these types of platforms. In order to be considered a Workplace Innovation Platform on G2 Crowd, the software must meet the following requirements:
- Provide both visual design and full-stack development tools
- Provide collaborative application management and secure communication capabilities
- Facilitate cross-platform availability via on-premise, cloud, or hybrid deployment
- Provide integration tools for connecting to systems, services, and platforms
- Provide a partner network, learning resources, marketplace, and/or user community
Additionally G2 Crowd allows for customers of different Workplace Innovation Platforms to review the software in that category, and then ranks them based on market presence and customer satisfaction. Other platforms contained in this category on G2 Crowd include Airtable, Salesforce Lightning, K2, Quick Base, and others.
As seen on the G2 Crowd grid as of Feb 2019, FileMaker, Inc. leads in both categories, and is considered the leader in the category of Workplace Innovation Platforms.
What a Workplace Innovation Platform Can Do for You
The benefits of a Workplace Innovation Platform for your business are vast. FileMaker lists 5 primary reasons to invest in a custom application in the workplace:
- Allows you to “escape the work rut” of tedious manual tasks
- “Bridges the gap” between current software used in the business
- Meshes your innovative ideas and expertise with your business’ software
- Provides the opportunity to go fully paperless
- Moves your business towards mobility
Additionally FileMaker conducted a State of the Custom Apps study in 2018 to find out how custom applications have impacted businesses who use them. The customers surveyed belonged to businesses of all sizes and industries, and were located in North America, Europe, and Japan.
Out of 370 FileMaker customers surveyed:
- 93% were able to reduce inefficient tasks
- 91% increased team productivity
- 76% reported a return on investment (ROI)
- 70% saw an increase in customer satisfaction
Workplace Innovation at DB
In our own words, a Workplace Innovation Platform such as FileMaker is a software platform that allows businesses of any size or industry to create a custom application that solves problems and paves the way for innovation and efficiency.
Put simply, DB Services uses FileMaker to transform and innovate the way businesses operate.
Whether it’s integrating several scattered business applications into an all-in-one solution for a company, eliminating tedious data entry, or allowing businesses to take their FileMaker solution out in the field via iPads or iPhones–we’ve done it all.
Check out our Case Studies to see just a few of the ways that DB Services has used FileMaker to innovate workflows for businesses across the country.
Workplace Innovation Platforms such as FileMaker can provide fantastic benefits to organizations, regardless of size, industry, or location, allowing them to transform and innovate the way they do business.
If you’re ready to see what FileMaker can do for you, contact us today for a free initial consultation!
Did you know we are an authorized reseller for FileMaker Licensing?
Contact us to discuss upgrading your FileMaker software.