Over 46,000+ Business Solution Developers Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community of business solutions developers, business owners and partners.
FmPro Migrator 6.97 Adds CakePHP2 to PHP Web Hosting Conversion Feature – FileMaker Today
California based .com Solutions Inc. has released FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition 6.97 with support for FileMaker Auto-Enter calculation fields and FM query operators when using the PHP conversion feature. This release also adds support for the CakePHP 2 framework providing improved functionality and performance.
The CakePHP2 conversion feature builds a functional CakePHP 2.3 web application using the most recent release of CakePHP. Large solutions can benefit from the lazy loading of model files to improve performance. Even small projects can benefit from the availability of CakePHP2 compatible plug-ins.
Most FileMaker database solutions make use of Auto-Enter calculation fields. The automated conversion of this functionality by FmPro Migrator speeds the PHP conversion process and enhances the functionality of the generated PHP web application. Auto-Enter calculations are implemented within beforeSave() and afterSave() functions within the model files. Some calculations rely upon having the value of PK column for a newly written record, therefore they are implemented within the afterSave() function.
Some FileMaker database solutions have hundreds of unstored calculation, global and summary fields within a single table. It can be a time consuming process to manually delete these fields prior to performing a data conversion. The Manage Deleted Fields button on the Table Details window helps automate this process. This feature quickly drops columns from the source FileMaker database in order to prevent the ODBC connection from failing due to long query times. These columns can then be added back into the destination SQL database for use with a generated PHP web application.
Additional enhancements with this release include:
* Duplicate Record Toolbar Button – An authorized user can instantly duplicate a record on any form of the application. The newly created record is opened in edit mode so that the user can make any necessary changes.
* Export to CSV Toolbar Button – The Export to CSV feature exports the current foundset of records for any converted layout into a downloaded CSV file having column titles. Web browsers on desktop and mobile devices usually pass this CSV file directly to an installed spreadsheet application.
* FM Query Operators – 14 commonly used query operators, including the Omit feature are now supported on the navigation toolbar in find mode. Duplicate records and record ranges can be easily searched using the supported query operators.
* Improved index.ctp/querylist.ctp Views – The column titles are now pinned the top of the page when scrolling. For forms having many fields, the web browser horizontal scrollbar is displayed without requiring the user to scroll down to the bottom of the page.
* Limited Field Loading – Index/Querylist views only display the fields used on the form, instead of all of the fields in the database table, similar to the FileMaker table view feature. This change improves performance by loading only the necessary fields from the database while also improving usability.
Pricing and Availability:
FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition is priced at ($600 USD) per developer and includes a copy of FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition for both MacOS X (Universal Binary) and Windows platforms. Existing FmPro Migrator Developer Edition customers may upgrade to FmPro Migrator Platinum Edition for $400.
Founded in 1999 by David Simpson in Sunny California, .com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker Pro, SQLite, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL, FrontBase, Valentina, VB6, LiveCode and Visual FoxPro developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker Pro scripts. SQLite Diff compares SQLite database schema and data. Copyright (C) 1999-2013 .com Solutions Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.