The Original FileMaker Forum
The FMT FileMaker Network

ValueLists related to 1 field

• Posted In: FileMaker Pro 11

Hi all,

I am experimenting with Filemaker 11. I have three tables: Table 1, 2 and 3
    In Table 3 I have a field which is related to a certain field in table 1 and a comparable field in table 2.
    Table 1 has a valuelist and Table 2 has a valuelist.
    Depending on what is selected in a field in table 3 I want to show the valuelist from Table 1 or the valuelist of table 2. Can anybody tell me how I can set this up?

Do table1, table2 … and these value lists have “real” names? What are you trying to achieve?

@eos 131404 wrote:

Do table1, table2 … and these value lists have “real” names? What are you trying to achieve?

I have two database tables. These are contact databases. A third database is where a sales team needs to work with and they do not have access to these two tables. For their activities this sales team has a third separate table.
    There is a relationship between the sales team database and the two other databases. Once a field in the sales team database is giving a link to the first database,the contact (in another sales team dBase field) needs to be selected from a value list coming from database 1. There a value list exists with all contacts in database 1. If the link is set to the second database, the contact in that same field needs to be set from a value list existing in the second database.
    So, in fact the value list must be dynamically linked to that database it is pointing to via the field’s content in the salesteam database. Is there a solution?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.