Over 46,000+ Business Solution Developers Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community of business solutions developers, business owners and partners.
Restore Old Printer After Auto Printing Plus OSX Yosemite Updates – FileMaker Today
[FMT News Crestline, CA, Oct 6, 2014] – Dracoventions has released the only printer plug-in on the market that can restore the previously-selected printer after automating a print job. The new 2empowerFM Hands-Free Printer v3.4 has also been updated to support the upcoming OSX Yosemite release. All other 2empowerFM plug-ins were tested to already work with Yosemite.
Dracoventions continues to innovate in printer automation technology and stay ahead of the curve in supporting new OSX and FileMaker versions as they’re released. Our latest batch of plug-ins eliminate warnings when one person uses a single-user license on multiple computers, allow a license to be uninstalled via a dialog, and fix a couple of bugs in Developer Assistant. You can learn more in the release notes. Plug-in updates can be found at 2empowerFM.com for both Macintosh and Windows.
More About Hands-Free Printer
Hands-Free Printer is a FileMaker Pro plug-in that lets you completely automate print jobs. It’s the only plug-in that can individually control almost any printer option on both Windows and Macintosh, then restore the printer selected for the next manual print job.
– Automate print jobs to prevent costly mistakes like printing all records instead of current record.
– Make complex letter, label, and envelope print jobs easy even for new employees.
– Automate those infrequent print jobs that employees often forget how to print.
– Avoid use of confusing and error-prone groups of “Restore Print Settings”.
– In many cases, only a single script needs to be updated if you get a new printer.
– No special software to install and no special requirements like turning on “access for assistive devices”. Your system’s default printer is never changed.
Other 2empowerFM Plug-ins
Our family of 2empowerFM plug-ins save you time during FileMaker development and add powerful features to your FileMaker Pro solutions. Our plug-ins include:
2empowerFM Developer Assistant
– Quickly search all scripts to find ones containing a string or pattern.
– Find table names, function and script step names, field metadata, and more, without generating a DDR.
– Debug and develop faster by evaluating highlighted expressions immediately instead of copying, closing dialogs, and pasting into FileMaker’s Data Viewer.
2empowerFM Menu Popper
– Pop-up multi-level menus anywhere on a FileMaker layout.
– Use unique dropdown menus to show type-ahead search results from multiple searches.
– Make menu items bold, italic, underlined, bulleted, or add separator lines between items.
2empowerFM Keyboard and Mouse
– Easily link hotkeys to scripts, create image-map buttons, and change the mouse cursor.
2empowerFM SQL Runner
– Insert and Update data in any FileMaker table without changing layouts or creating extra table relationships.
– Use an SQL query in a calculated field to generate dynamic pop-up lists.
– One of our FREE plug-ins!
2empowerFM Text Toolkit
– Perform powerful search and replace in database text using Perl-compatible regular-expressions.
– Generate a hash of data using many algorithms including SHA512, MD5, and TR1.
– Another FREE plug-in!
2empowerFM Clipboard Explorer
– Save and restore objects on the clipboard including stylized text, FileMaker scripts, and layout objects.
– Also totally FREE!
Pricing and Availability
Plug-in updates are available immediately at 2empowerFM.com
This is a free update for those who purchased a license within the last year or longer. Check dates in the release notes to see if you qualify for a free upgrade on your particular plug-in license. All older customers may purchase upgrades at 50% off.
All plug-ins can be tested for 30 days free of charge and demos are fully functional. Demo extensions are available upon request.
Dracoventions is a FileMaker Business Alliance (FBA) member located in Crestline, CA, USA. Dracoventions is focused on inventing software that empowers you to save development time, expand FileMaker’s abilities, and create a better user experience.
With over 25 years of software engineering experience, company-founder Chris Dragon was inspired by the business needs of a FileMaker-based non-profit to create the 2empowerFM Family of plug-ins. These plug-ins include Developer Assistant, Hands-Free Printer, Menu Popper, SQL Runner, Text Toolkit, and more. Plug-ins are available at 2empowerFM.com