Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community of business solutions and app users, developers, and partners.
FileMaker Server – How to get the Best Performance
Includes Session Attachments Download
Jon Thatcher – FileMaker Inc.
It’s critical that FileMaker Server be optimized for performance and reliability. There are many hardware and software factors that can influence your installation.
In this session, you’ll learn how FileMaker Server works ‘under the hood’ so you can get the best performance for your solutions. How can you get the best performance from Server schedules and Perform Script on Server? What techniques will give you the best performance, and what traps should you avoid?
What you should know
Basics of the FileMaker platform, relationships, and database design,
Products & Technologies
- Please see the attachments below. I have also included my and Clay’s slides from 2016, since I refer to those presentations this year.
- July 27: Uploaded the final version of the slides; very close to first version posted, combined two slides and updated the Thank You slide near the end.
What You Will Learn
- How and when FileMaker Server transfers data to clients over the network
- How clients cache data to get the best performance
- Database design techniques to improve Server performance
- Performance traps to avoid